“I Survived On Water For 7 Days” – Former Minister Anisulowo Recounts Ordeal With Abductors.


Former Minister of State for Education, Senator Iyabo Anisulowo, has narrated her experience during her seven-day ordeal in the hands of her abductors.

Speaking to journalists after she arrived the Government House, Abeokuta, Ogun State on Tuesday night, Anisulowo said she survived solely on water, adding that she did not eat throughout the seven days of her captivity.

She said:

“I’ve been on water, I did not eat anything throughout. “I’m short of words, but I want to thank the governor and also thank God. I want to thank His Excellency for all the efforts you have put in with the security agents.

“I know the courage you have and the spirit to fight to the end and that was what kept me alive in the bush. I had the assurance that with the security agents that you have, you will work it through, so I thank God.”

‎The governor disclosed that the kidnappers raised her ransom from N100 million to N200 million because of his involvement and said the leaders of the kidnapping gang abused him “thoroughly” on the telephone in a conversation he had with them …

“We spoke with her (Anisulowo) and with them (kidnappers). They were moving from one place to the other and they did that wonderfully well.“Believe me, it was a pleasant surprise that technologically our people can do what they did.
“If they are given the necessary equipment, they will work wonders. It is a huge victory. I think the issue of kidnapping will go down a bit with what they (security agencies) have achieved.
“I think it is a big shame that we find ourselves in a situation where we should not be. Young people that are supposed to be ‎working are demanding ransom of N200 million. They even said because I got involved they increased it from N100 million to N200 million.They insisted from the second day that their ransom was N200 million. They said they had wanted to collect N100 million and I told them that they will face the law, and that it was in their interest to release her.

“They even threatened me and every other person. They said they will teach me, the IG, the brigade commander and all others lesson. They were abusing everybody on the phone, but we thank God the way it was resolved. All glory to God.
“I can say it authoritatively that no kobo was paid to them. Of course, we did all that we were supposed to do. They reduced the ransom to N150 million, we asked them to come and take, but they did not come. We didn’t pay a kobo to anybody. We thank God that she is here live and direct,” he said.

The state police commissioner added that the kingpin of the gang was arrested at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos, while attempting to flee to Dubai.

No comments

Sign in to your google account to comment below to stand a chance to win free airtime in our weekly giveaway