BREAKING: ex-President, Jonathan, Visits Ekweremadu Over Assassination Attempt(PHOTOS)

Share:

Former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has paid a visit to the Deputy Senate President, Ekweremadu whose residence was invaded on Tuesday.

Ekweremadu wrote on his social media platform:

'AND GEJ CAME CALLING

"It was an honour for me and my wife to receive His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, GCFR and my friends, who came to strengthen us over the recent attack on our household. My appreciation and respect, sir.

Meanwhile, I have received so much love and solidarity from Nigeria and all parts of the world since the event of the early hours of Tuesday. Let me, therefore, seize this opportunity to convey my profound appreciation you - friends, my colleagues, associates, dear country men and women - for the outpour of solidarity and prayers. I am humbled and overwhelmed by your kindness.

God bless".

Media reported stated that Ekweremadu, his wife and son, had escaped assassination attempt at their Apo residence of Abuja early hours of Tuesday.

Following a prelimnary investigation in to the incidence, the Police explained that the invasion was not a case of assassination but a mere burglary, a conclusion that the senator has refuted, insisting it was an assassination attempt on his life and that of his family; accussed the force of a cover-up and threatened to release video footages from security camera.

It was in the wake of the back and forth that the senators at a Wednesday session instituted a panel to probe the matter.

However, this morning, Scooper reported that the leader of the gang who invaded the home of  the Deputy Senate President, Mohammed Yusuf, 25, who has since been arrested said they only went to steal and not with the intent of assassinating the victims.

“We did not go to the residence of Ekweremadu to assassinate him or anybody in the house,” he said.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Mr. Jimoh Mohood, has noted  that investigation is ongoing on the culprits for indepth details affirming that the force is not intending or engaged in any cover-up as had been alleged by the senator himself.

According to him, “The four policemen and one personnel of the NSCDC on duty at the residence of the deputy senate president at the time of the incident have been arrested and detained,” he said.

“Update on further investigation did not reveal assassination attempt but a burglary attempt,” he added.

Mohood maintained that investigation showed the suspects had no idea they were invading the deputy senate president's residence.

 

He submitted that efforts have been scaled up to apprehend the second suspect, Dan Ali, who escaped from the scene of the crime.


No comments

Sign in to your google account to comment below to stand a chance to win free airtime in our weekly giveaway