Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tragic! Samsung Phone Explodes Injuring A Little Girl While She Slept Next To It (PHOTO)

A little four-year-old girl has been left with second degree burns to her face after her dad’s Samsung phone “exploded” next to her while she slept. The tot was lying next to a bedside table on which the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was charging. Feng Lingling, the girl's father said he awoke to sharp cries from his daughter and realised the device had burnt her face as well as the bedding.
 She was taken to hospital near her home in Anshun City in south-weatern China’s Guizhou Province and diagnosed with serious burn injuries. She faces permanent disfigurement, according to local reports. The phone, which was first released by the South Korean tech giants three years ago, was purchased new by Feng last August, and photos of the device appear to show its battery having expanded and exploded. Feng has since gone back to the retailer, whose staff are in contact with Samsung headquarters over the matter. Samsung’s China office has reportedly offered £1,189 (10,000 RMB) to the family to cover the girl’s medical bills. A spokesperson told South China Morning Post: “We would like to express our deepest concern to the injured. At the moment, we are communicating with the customer to find out the cause of the problem." Samsung was forced to scrap its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones in 2016 when customers complained that they were bursting into flames and airlines banned them over safety fears.It recalled three million handsets after the dangerous defect appeared within weeks of its grand launch in August. The manufacturer launched a vast inquiry into what was behind the problem that is expected to cost the company an estimate 5.3 billion dollars (£4.3 billion).



Reactions:

0 comments:

Facebook Comment:

Post a Comment

Sign in to your google account to comment below to stand a chance to win free airtime in our weekly giveaway