(INTERVIEW) UPCLOSE & PERSONAL with AJANAKU ( @lobalobaajanaku )Convert Clear
Gaphar Lasisi Mabayoje aka AJANAKU @lobalobaajanaku His an indigenous rap artiste from family of 15 , native of Ogun state. He grew up in bariga where he had his primary-sec ifako grammar school presently a final year student of Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta . Been in the music scene since 2010 , currently signed to ECHO MUSIC GROUP . Has 5 songs to his credit namely ; PAIN , IM HERE and SATIRAMONI , Believe and Shabba .The song pain got several award as well as nominations across the nation and as received massive AirPlay both on local and international platforms.
1. Can we meet you?
I'm Lasisi Gaphar Mabayoje aka AJANAKU
- How did you come up with the stage name " AJANAKU " ?
- got the name AJANAKU from an old woman seeing the way I performed at a show at the early stage of my career
- How was your growing up like?
growing up was quite rough grew up in a family of 18 , I'm the 12th of 15 children
- Your Educational Background?
primary school and secondary education at Ifako grammar school then to federal university of agriculture Abeokuta.
- How and When did you start your musical journey?
Have been playing with words from my childhood listening to rappers like 2pac , bigy and Dagrin to mention a few but the yoruba part my late Dad drilled me with deep yoruba proverbs I listened to K1 , late Fela's and Dagrin songs frequently then I started fusing yoruba language into my rap
- How do you see music? A job, A profession, or a Lifestyle?
music is a tool I can't do without its my life
- How was it like working with Kiddominant?
kiddo is my G , he heard my song Pain liked it we scheduled for a session and hav like 3 jobs together already
- Tell us lil about your first ever show performance?
I was forced by my friends but I just did like 10mins freestyle That made the whole school hall go crazy.
- How do you handle mistake while performing on stage?
its better to make mistakes than to fake perfection Can only get better everyday
- What inspired the song "PAIN"?
i usually tell people "things I went through while growing basically my life story I gathered in a song "PAIN" but really I released a song then KONDO 2weeks after my manager broke the news of it ban for vulgar lyrics after paying huge amount for promotions and all I thought about this for like 3 days I wasn't comfortable I was not myself then I locked myself at home and I got the instrument from my PR still on the whole sad mood I vibed to it at home got the chorus took my time and arrived at my verses
- How do you cope with music and your education?
Trust me It's a deadly combination being in a great school as FUNAAB and the Nigerian Music industry. Both need 110% commitment, but with God and my team we working things out gradually
- What is your genre ?
Fusion of Afro beat with Hiphop
- How do you feel signed to EMG ?
How do I feel ? well it's my 3rd year and it's been a good journey we ain't were we want to be yet but by God's grace we will get there !
- Have you ever found yourself in a competition with anyone, how does it feel?
Not anymore but there was a time I got my daily bread from Rap battles
- Apart from music, what do you do?
Agriculture - I'm an Animal Scientist
- Name 3 Nigerian male artist you look up to in the music industry
Late Dagrin , Wande Coal and Vector
- Where do you spend your leisure times?
on my farm or playing video games mostly indoor
- What next should we be expecting from AJANAKU?
2017! Back to Back
- Message to your fans
- Message to SLIMXCLUSIVE
thanks a lot for the hard work and support guys plenty blessings like SHABBA 💯